Saturday, April 14, 2007

I'm officially a Colorado Resident!!!!

...and I almost burnt my house down last night, but I'll get to that disaster later.
So I finally got a CO driver's license, CO insurance and registered to vote in the state of Colorado this past week. In June, when my registration expires, I will have that transferred as well. It's kinda creepy to think I don't belong to Michigan (or my parents for that matter) , but pretty cool. I know my parents are definitely stoked that I won't be canceling out their votes anymore...haha! However, I'm not quite satisfied. The next and final process of the deal is to purchase that dream house I've searching like a hawk for and have Miss Tingle move in as my roommate and get the training show on the road :) OH yeah!

It's been sort of a busy/funky week with weather, work, training, you name it. Wednesday I had a great swim in the AM and was really excited to get out on the new bike and take it up in the mountains for a little cruise. Got about 10min out and blasted with a huge cross wind that almost knocked me completely sideways. Decided that there was no reason for that so I turned around, got on the trainer for 2.5hrs and completely thrashed myself...mostly bc I was so irritated that I had to get on that stupid thing again.

Since we were supposed to get dumped on with 6-12inches of snow on Friday, I decided to change my hill run to Thursday so I wasn't covered in snow running up to the top of NCAR...PR'd by almost 3minutes which was very exciting, however, ended the day with getting into a giant fight with my boss. It was not good and may be a stepping stone to getting a new job, but I'm doing my best to work through it as I know he is going through a difficult time right now. The worst part of the day was coming home to a letter in the mail saying the medication I take on a daily basis (and pretty much is the reason my days run smoothly) was taken off the market bc it has a high risk of heart attacks. How fabulous...still working with the docs on that.

Friday was a bit better...kinda. Killer swim in the am in the sleet, then jumped on the treadmill with Laura and annoyed everyone at FAC bc we were chatting so loud while running and then headed to work. Never got the snow that was predicted, and instead had 40* and sunny weather from 11:30am on. Got super frustrated with my position on my new bike last night and ended up dismantling the whole thing...need to figure out an efficient position before I get back on the Felt and put Trek stickers on it. JUST KIDDING!!!

As of now, I have 5 candles spread throughout the house trying to get the awful burnt smell out of my 400sq ft place. I attempted to bake a cookie in the toaster oven last night (since I don't actually have a real oven) and forgot I had put it in there. Well that was until I saw all this smoke come in my room and came flying out to roaring flames coming out of of the toaster oven...oops. I immediately threw water all over it, then reached in and grabbed the sheet that the cookie was on and chucked it outside. Yeah, talk about a moronic experience. Now the house freakin' reeks and it's all my fault. Oh well. Glad no one got hurt and the house is still standing!

Alright enough babbling, heading to the pool to get in a brief swim this morning and then either doing the long bike/short run or the long run. Weather dependent. Still a possibility of heading down to Phoenix to watch Ironman Arizona tomorrow so stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonder where you acquired your cooking skills??? Make sure you sign up for lots of insurance when you purchase your own place.

So you think your extra vote is going to turn Colorado into a Democratic State???
Maybe losing an extra vote in Michigan will help the shift in power here!!!

Love You....