Thursday, April 19, 2007

The day is almost over....

What a day...today that is. Howling winds, irritations at work, lots of eating, 4 hour nap in the middle of the day...ugh. Finally got some motivation to do a 2.5hr bike/run/bike brick around 4:30pm. Went fairly well and then watched a little Grey's Anatomy with JZ to top off the evening.

Since I have been sucking at posting on a regular basis, might as well update from the past couple days so you don't fall too far behind on my super, exciting life :)

Tuesday - Almost died running. No joke. Simon had us do 4x2K intervals on the Cottonwood trail with half time rest after a little warm up from the gate of the rez. Let's just say that my heartrate was at 193 after the first effort...hmmm...can we say STUPID!!! Well I don't know about you, but I sure can, because I was pretty much S.O.L. for the next 3 runs. After almost killing myself getting through them (and being dead last) I rejoined the group to cool down back to the rez. I jacked my heartrate up so high during that set that even jogging I couldn't bring my pulse under 170...uh oh. Not to mention the fact that I pretty much just wanted to lay down on the side of the road and cry I felt so awful. Long, solo walk back to the rez but after getting some food and water in me, I felt much better and finished the day with a decent swim and easy bike.

Wednesday - killer swim in the AM and great 3min hard/1min ez efforts on the bike from Lefthand canyon up to Ward. Went and saw Tim over at Colorado Multisport to get another opinion on my bike fit since this new Trek seems to be a little uncomfortable. He got me stretched out a bit and I think that might just be the key to being comfy again.

It is now way past my bedtime and I am still pigging out beyond belief...this has been sooo weird. I don't think I've ever eaten this much before...craziness.

No comments: