Sunday, January 28, 2007

Holy Crap...I DID IT!!!!

Not too many people have been aware of the ridiculous problems with swimming I have been having the past couple months so in order to comprehend my excitement of swimming 2K yesterday evening you'll have to understand a few things.

Since the first week of December, I have been experiencing extreme nausea every time I get in the pool. Yes, I did have the flu at first, and yes, I probably shouldn't have been trying to swim through it, but...you know how it goes. Anyway, even though my stomach problems persisted (and still are...stay tuned for my crazy stomach surgery on Tuesday) I have tried numerous times to get back in the water, only to find myself getting even more nauseous, incredibly frustrated, and quite upset. I was creating this giant mental block and psychologically making myself afraid to swim...why? I HAVE NO IDEA!!!

As of yesterday, I had not swam more than 200 meters in about 9 weeks and was seriously about ready to lose it. I worked so hard this summer to improve my swim when I had a stress fracture in my hip and could not run and I felt like everything I had done was totally gone. It took an amazing and motivational talk from a great friend during our long trainer ride inside for me to finally break the funk I was in and get back in the water. Susanne is one of the most understanding people I know and made me feel so good about myself, even though this whole experience has really put a damper on me.

To check out more on Susanne and her tremendous story as a wife, mommy of two and top notch athlete visit her site below!!!

www.triathletemom.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So Proud of you for working through your fears and never giving up on your goals!!
Get ready to live an awesone life!!
Love you