Monday, September 04, 2006

I have to say this...

For all you men out there who just don't happen to be as fast as some female cyclists, deal with it; it's part of life. I promise that your penis will NOT shrink if you get passed by a chick with a long braid coming out of the back of her helmet :)

Okay...I apologize for being vulgar or inappropriate, but I seriously almost snapped at some random cycling dude who wouldn't get off the back of my wheel. Yeah, it's nice to have someone to draft off of when there's a narly head wind, but it's completely defies all cycling rules to do so when you don't know the person whom you're drafting off of. Anyway, after I realized this moron was doing so, I slammed on my breaks to signal to him to get off my ass and then he went around me. He obviously needed that draft because I proceeded to pass him immediately after I let him go by. What do you know, the little shit was right back on my wheel. I dealt with it for about 4 miles and then finally just stopped peddling for a couple minutes, let him go by me and waited until he was about a half mile ahead of me to start actually putting pressure on the pedals again. Huh, you wouldn't think with all that distance between us that I would catch him again, but sure enough, I did. To make him feel better, I sat about 20 meters back and just cruised in behind him...what and IDIOT! I wanted to scream the inappropriate statement above at him sooooooooooo badly, but I refrained myself. I really should have though, it would have been a good story :)

P.S. I now have a power meter to prove that I was putting out a consistent effort the entire time, so that schmuck has no excuses!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about that Erin.... I was hanging on for dear life! I was running out of gears on my mountain bike!