Thursday, August 24, 2006

I'm back!!!

Alright, so I have avoided posting anything about getting back into running for fear of jinxing the whole situation. The truth of the matter is that I have been able to slowly get back into running for the past 2 weeks! Yes, it has been amazing and I can't even tell you how great it feels to be back.

FYI: the definition of a "Brick" in relation to the sport of triathlon is a training session where you do more than one part of a triathlon (swim/bike/run) back to back; it can involve a combination of any of the three different sports.

Today, I did my first bike/run brick. I had a 3 hour bike with 5x10min. hard intervals (5min. rest in between) and then a 20min. run right off of it. Let's just say that with the little running I have been doing, I'm not able to just jump right off the bike and run as fast as I want right now. My legs might be ready and up for it, but my aerobic and lung capacity definitely are NOT. So I totally cramped up and had to stop 10min. in and stretch it out...yes, I'm a moron and should have known not to run like a bat out of hell, but had to do what the legs wanted...which was go FAST!

At least I'm running and loving every second of it...even if I try to go too fast and hit the wall in full force :)

No comments: