Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Another Bicycle

WHAT DO YOU THINK??? Yeh or neh!?!

If you're a cyclist, you can relate to the fact that no one can own TOO many bikes...right?!? I mean you need a road bike, a mountain bike, a track bike, a "race" bike, a time-trial bike, a cruiser, a fixed gear, a commuter...I could go on for days.

So to get to the point, I went with my friend Halle this evening to get her all set up on a road bike so she can start a new hobby out in Massachusetts. Well, as I was wandering around the store, my eyes totally caught this beautiful Bianchi cruiser. I've wanted to get a cruiser for a while since I sold my hardtail mountain bike which was originally used as a commuter and this was totally what I had in mind! Hmmm...but do I really need a new bike? Do I really need to be spending money that I probably should be saving on a new bike? I am getting a large chunk of change back from the doctor who mis-diagnosed my hip fracture....hmmm! Decisions, decisions, decisions...

I think I'll sleep on it for a few nights and then figure it out. Although it's an incredibly sexy bicycle, I really should consider the pros and cons...boo :)

I love bikes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin, I just read your blog. Your mother forwarded it to my computer. I love your decision whether to buy another bike. You were right to sleep on it, but I always knew you were a bright young lady. Congratulations on your new job. That was really cool how you got it. One other thing please send me your new address. How can I send you anything for your birthday if I don't have an address. Love ya Grandma Van

Anonymous said...

Strong nay vote. I finally got my first cruiser at the beginning of the summer, and they are sorely overrated. It's like an over-soft bed - it feels great at first, but by morning your back is out. Saucey old roadbikes refurbished and set to fixed gear or second generation hardtails make much better commuters. And they're cheaper, too. Let's face it; the object of commuting is arriving at a destination...and cruisers are by no means the best way to get there.

They are sexy though.

-Z