Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Nationals...

After attempting to get in a quick jog today before my flight to Nationals early tomorrow morning, I made the official decision to bag the most important race of the season and call it quits. With excruciating pain throughout my entire hip, groin, glut, etc. only 5 minutes into the run, there is no way I would be able to handle a 10K off an intense swim and bike.

Without a doubt there were numerous tears shed and emotions and frustrations pelted in all different directions, but my doctor, coach and parents all believe that this is the best decision for the future of my career in the sport. Not something I want to hear, but I guess I don't really have a choice. Sure, I'm going to eat about $600 on expenses for the trip and not go to Worlds in Switzerland in September, but staying home and getting an MRI done to figure out exactly what is going on is going to be key to get me back on my feet and racing again.

Life sucks right now and I honestly couldn't be any more frustrated and irritated with everything, but I still hold the belief that everything happens for a reason and there are so many worse things that I could be faced with. I can't even express how fortunate and grateful I am to be living in Boulder and having the support from my friends and family that I do. I love all of you guys and thank you so much for everything!

Trying to smile...I promise :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there...
You are making some very hard and wise decisions..

Anonymous said...

i know how you feel, nothing can make things better than to be healthy again. you WILL get better, and once you do, things will fall right back into place. I have been in the same place and yes, it sucks ass, but your body will thank you! You will come back much stronger, but it will take some time. ok, i'm done blabbing.. apparently you don't return phonecalls anymore, but if you need to go for a ride or something, you know where to find me... now lets set a date for some ice cream ( and bodyworks!!! it ends july 23rd)