Monday, July 03, 2006

Long Solo Bike Rides and CRAZY Thunder Storms

Cycling - Just about any non-cyclist would ask what the world you were thinking going for a 5+ hour ride by yourself and how you stay sane without getting bored out of your mind. Well...FYI, long rides on my own are probably my absolute favorite training sessions. Seriously. I can listen to my favorite music for hours, go my own pace the ENTIRE time, chose whatever route I desire, think and reflect without any distractions, and peacefully enjoy the amazing mountain scenery. As everyone knows, my mind is jam-packed with ridiculousness, so Sunday I took advantage of the opportunity to just ride, ride, ride...in gorgeous weather of course. And, it was awesome! Although the pressing issues in my life are not totally solved, it feels good to have a better grasp on them :)

Thunderstorms - HOLY HELL...about 20 minutes after I returned from my breathtaking ride Sunday morning/afternoon, the inevidable Boulder storms rolled in. However, these storms were unlike anything I have ever witnessed. For about an hour, we had the loudest rumbles of thunder I have EVER heard. Uli swears they were breaking houses in 2, but honestly, I have never jumped out of my seat from thunder before. I had to have been freaked out about 6 or 7 times that afternoon. CRAZINESS...but I love it and I love Boulder for it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»