Saturday, June 10, 2006

This is kinda cool...

So I'm totally new to this whole blog thing, but I couldn't leave a comment on Bryan's blog without creating my own...so here I am now!

What to write about?!?! Well I guess I could begin by giving a brief update for those who are not out here in the great state of Colorado of what I have been up to since the big graduation from CU this May.

Working - still chugging away as the bookkeeping for a small law firm in Boulder. Lovin' every second of it. Working ~20 hrs/wk and completely on my own schedule...perfect for training!

Training - going long and strong :) 30+ hrs/wk in the pool, on the bike, and running...it's pretty intense, but couldn't enjoy a different lifestyle. I have lots of races over the next few months with big goals and high expectations so hopefully the hard work, determination and commitment will pay off...I'll keep everyone posted.

Racing - had a race back in Texas in March...did alright for the first one off the blood clot and little training (5th overall female). Raced very well in early May at Wildflower in Cali (1st in age group by over 13 min. and 9th overall female out of ~2000). Had a rough go at the first half ironman of the season in late May but managed to pull off an age group win and 2nd overall female finish despite a strained hip flexor...more to come on the injury and the ridiculousness accompanying it :(

Life in general - life is good. Actually, it's better than good, it's AMAZING. I couldn't be happier living the triathlon lifestyle in Boulder, CO. A little nervous about the financial situation, but should be okay through the end of the year. Need to work on the sponsorship aspect of the sport.

Alright, I'm done for the day. I'll start updating regularly, but if you have anything you want to know or chat about, let me know!

3 comments:

Bob #1 said...

Tell us about the super-amazingly-male model-hunk that you are dating!

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»