Sunday, February 17, 2013

2013 Timex Team Camp



As always, our annual Team Camp at the Timex Performance Center in New York was off to a banging start this past Thursday evening! I honestly cannot believe this is my seventh season on the team and still get that butterfly excitement sensation each year. It was so exciting to see all my returning teammates as well as meet all the newbies. There are 11 new athletes this year and it's been really fun getting to know each and every one of them!


I'll be a little scattered giving updates but I wanted to share the above pic of the new Run Trainer 2.0 as quick as possible. This is Timex's newest GPS watch that I truly believe will the be hottest time/distance/HR wrist piece for 2013. Not only does it incorporate a sleek look that is extremely lightweight, it is also one of the easiest watches I have ever used. The Colorado crew is beyond excited to add it to our demo fleet and get out to the stores to show it off :)


After some great round round robins revolving around new products and another phenomenal TPC lunch, we were welcomed into the NY Giants' locker room where we received a bunch of new swag!


Last year we received bright red Thule backpacks that I bring EVERYWHERE with me and this year we were even more spoiled...custom embroidered carry-on Thule luggage filled to the brim with all sorts of gear, swag, you name it. We are seriously the most spoiled group of athletes on the planet and I know for a fact that every single one of us is beyond grateful for all of it.


After another set of sponsor meetings/clinics, we got dressed up for our 80's themed 5K run/walk. Thanks to my roommie, Flora Duffy, I was well prepared with a stellar outfit.


I've been rockin' the Timex 80 watches for a while but super stoked to add these new ones to the collection. The run might have been one of the most comical things I've witnessed to date in my 7 team Timex camps :)

 
Our awards dinner was over the top and the guest speakers were outstanding. I was also very honored to present the Female Amateur Athlete of the Year Award to my good friend Cindi Bannick. The microphone was having a bit of trouble staying put during my speech so a few inappropriate comments were thrown out making for some good laughs.


Keeping with the old school theme, we all received really cool sweatshirts with the vintage logo. Ya have to admit, we're definitely one good looking group of athletes :)



Saturday's agenda involved more sponsor/media presentations. Throughout the entire camp, we were able to sign up to have our Lactate Threshold tested on the bicycle or the treadmill. The Korey Stringer Institute from UCONN was back at the TPC with a full crew and ready to give us some informative training information. Unlike the usual LT tests I get back at BCSM, I actually had an IV in my arm with a little spout where you could pull my blood out then turn the nozzle to stop the flow. I'm used to the painful finger pricking but not quite sure this was better. Either way, the plan went as expected and my LT was sadly low. I have to remember that it is okay since I haven't done one hard workout since July and I don't need to be fit until September! However, it's always easier to acknowledge when you don't have physical numbers as proof to how unfit you are.


One of the stops on Saturday's schedule was receiving our new collection of watches. I have to say that this new Expedition 2 watch is my absolute favorite Timex piece, EVER!


Sunday is always a very chill day where we get our head shots and team photos taken. It's crazy how fast the 4 days fly by. Huge thanks to Keith and Tristan for putting on yet another incredible camp!

No comments: