Monday, October 01, 2012

We're in for a BIG lifestyle change!


Starting out on a more positive note - Bryce got his new KTM 250 SXF this past week and took it out to the track on both Saturday and Sunday. He's absolutely in love and cannot wait to race it next weekend in Trinidad!


On the less positive side, Bryce discovered some significant food intolerances after taking the same food sensitivity test I did. Although I've already wrapped my head around a dairy/gluten free diet, I'm not so sure Bryce was prepared to find out all the items that ranked pretty high on his test. Let me start off with saying that Bryce lives off bread and cheese...and I'm not exaggerating one bit. His test came back with 3 out of 3 stars on the following foods: Dairy (all forms), Wheat, Gluten, Brown Rice, Yeast and White Potatoes. He's obviously not in any real danger eating these foods (as he's been eating them his whole life), however, it will be very interesting to see if his constant congestion and overall energy increases by eliminating and/or limiting most of the above items. Dairy and gluten will be easy since I have to nix them as well, but almost every breadlike alternative uses yeast/potato flour and brown rice flour! We've found one company that makes a white rice bread that is gluten and yeast free so stay tuned to see if it's at all palatable. Otherwise, prepare to be seeing a lot of new recipes showing up on my blog as learning how to eat without staple ingredients is going to be quite an adventure for the both of us :)

No comments: