Monday, May 02, 2011

Moto race on the BEST trails EVER!!!

After the most intense 6hr car ride of my life, we finally made it to Chadron, Nebraska Saturday afternoon. We drove through the strongest winds and craziest weather I have ever experienced and I couldn't have been happier to get out of the van! As always, we mingled for several hours, eventually got registered, and helped the ever so kind Ray Barnard fix my leaky fork seal. We had a great dinner then the boys sat in the hotel room to put together their plan of attack for the big day on Sunday.

Unlike most of the races we do, this was a ''Timekeeping'' event. In the old days, and I say that because we didn't race in the 80s and 90s, all races were run in this particular manner. I won't even attempt to explain how they do it but let's just say that without a computer and the ability to understand the format, you're totally shit out of luck. Above is what Bryce's bike looked like before the start. He had the course all calculated into his computer and highlighted all the possible places there could be a special test. My bike looked nothing like that as my plan was to just ride and have fun :)

Although I was upside down most of the day, I had a complete blast. This was by far some of the coolest trail I have ever ridden and I felt very accomplished to have gotten through it all without Bryce fetching my bike every 5 minutes. I will have to say that I hope our next race is a little less technical because I'm kinda over digging myself and my my moto out of crazy places as well as having to replace numerous broken pieces on my bike :) All in all, it was a great experience and because I was the only female in the Ladies class to finish, I came home with a W. Bryce had a decent day as well but made a few timekeeping mistakes that cost him a few spots. He still ended up in 9th for the day so no complaints there. Another fun and safe weekend in the books!

No comments: