Thursday, September 09, 2010

Fun times at the MX track

Monday morning we headed to the motocross track in Berthoud. I was able to do a few laps at a time, but was super exhausted afterward. It was an absolute blast!

We brought along our new roommate Joe. He rode dirt bikes when he was 13 but hasn't since. After a few good spills (on my bike), he was up and going strong. We actually had a really hard time getting him off the track to go home! I'm thinking he's probably hooked :)

Our friend Clay also came out to join with his new 2011 KTM 15o. He was kind enough to let a couple of us test it out. Bryce was ripping on it and I was scared shitless. I had never ridden a 2 stroke bike and holy crap are those things zippy. No engine braking = Erin eating shit...so as much fun as it was going really fast, I think I'll stick to the 4 strokes!

It was a great way to spend Labor Day but it was quite frightening getting the text message to look west and see the fires starting in the mountains. We were directly east of the foothills and could see the billowing smoke clouds forming right over our house. Keep staying tuned with The Daily Camera for more info.

No comments: