Friday, July 16, 2010

Sooooo sick :(

There is nothing good, exciting or positive to report from the past couple days. Although I have discovered that I am very anemic, I have also come down with something on top of that as well. The few 20-30min workouts I've tried throughout the week have resulted in absolute disasters making my heart beat out of control and leaving me super nauseated. After my HR wouldn't stay under 185 on a short run, I went to the doc Tuesday afternoon where he ordered an EKG and Echo-cardiogram just to be sure and told me to rest the remainder of the day. Per coach Neal, I attempted an easy 20min swim late Wednesday morning to stretch and loosen up. Unfortunately this only made me super nauseous for the next 2 days. I spent that entire night up sicker than all could be then laid in bed for the remainder of the next day missing my doctor appointment and feeling ridiculously ill. I was eventually able to hold down some soup, animal crackers, saltines and ginger ale but still didn't feel right. Luckily I was able to have a solid sleep last night and although I'm still having a hard time getting this toast down today, I'm hoping things start to make a turn for the better.

On a side note, it's quite obvious that there is no physical way I will be able to race the XTERRA in Beaver Creek tomorrow which makes me really upset after all the hard work I've put in the last few months. The past year and a half has been the biggest whirlwind and mental challenge EVER. I know what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger but still...I just want to be healthy and race! I know it will come, but I honestly wouldn't believe it without the constant reminders and support of Bryce, Neal, Tingle and my parents. The new plan is to focus solely on my health until I'm well and ready to begin training. At that point, XTERRA Snow Valley on Aug. 1 will be the next event to look forward to. Keep your fingers crossed and stay tuned for a more inspiring update :)

No comments: