Saturday, July 10, 2010

No wonder I couldn't keep my eyes open...

After a few weeks of being really tired then almost blacking out in my last 2 hard workouts, I knew something wasn't right. I had a blood test done early Friday morning and it definitely confirmed my prediction...my iron and B6 levels were off the chart low.

Per coach Neal, I need to start supplementing immediately and eating red meat several times a week. As much as I don't want to believe this crap and want to get back to being healthy as quickly as possible, I'm going to listen to my body and do everything a little more conservatively. I had to take the last 2 days off training completely and sleep 3-4hrs more per night than normal but hopefully a little iron boost will get me back on track for the big race next weekend in Beaver Creek.

Anemia isn't something that can be fixed overnight and may take up to months to get regulated. Iron is very hard for the body to absorb and almost all supplements are very difficult on the stomach.

JUST WHAT I NEED, RIGHT...I already have issues shitting, now it's going to be even worse. Pardon me if I'm a little crabby over the next few weeks or months. It's because my system is clogged from iron supplements!!!

No comments: