Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Phoenix Days 3 & 4

We woke up Sunday morning with lots of rain puddles and 'brownie soft' terrain. According to Bryce, that's a good thing.

Soft and peanut butter like mud might be good for dirt biking but not bicycling. I rode out to the gas pits on my CX bike because my MTB was missing a pivot bolt and and the ride honestly felt like I was doing a weight workout. It was pretty fun and I got to see Bryce several times.

I also got to spend lots of time with Brent and Barbara which was lots fun. They really helped us out by driving the moto and bicycles to Phoenix in Bryce's van and letting us fly out :)

After a rough day on Saturday, B was out for revenge and that's exactly what he got.

He rode smart, well and kick some butt. He even came back with some smiles!!!

After another long soak in the hot tub, we watched the Superbowl (well the commercials at least) back in our room. Bryce and I didn't fly out until 1pm on Monday, but the other guys staying with us took off super early for their long drive. As always, there were several ridiculous presents left on the van and outside our room when we got up...such dorks.

Before we headed out, I rode my bike out to where Brent and Barbara were staying and even got in a short swim at the clubhouse. It was another easy travel day but let me tell ya how yucky it is going from sunny and 70* to snowy and 20* in just a few hours...ugh! Can we go back to Phoenix yet?!?!

No comments: