Friday, December 04, 2009

For Real?!?!

Yesterday I had my first full body composition scan on a DEXA (dual energy x-ray absorptiometry) machine. DEXA is a fairly new technology. It is based on the three component model of body composition. It uses two X-ray energies to measure body fat, muscle, and bone mineral. When having the scan done, you lay still in the supine position on what looks like an x-ray table. $100 and 5 minutes later I received a 10 page report telling me what my body was made up of from my head to my toes.

I would never have agreed to do this now (as I haven't done any significant as far as working out in the last 5 weeks) but it was meant to be a baseline for where I want to be in the spring. It's a good thing because I almost fainted when I saw that I currently weigh 124lbs and have 27% body fat!!! Guess it's time to start eating a little less crap huh?!?

1 comment:

MarkyV said...

taubes ;-)