Thursday, October 15, 2009

I will soon be running again!!!

After absolutely no progress with my knee over the past 4 months, Neal suggested I go see Andy Pruitt at BCSM just to see if he had any other ideas. He works very closely with my other two docs so he was well aware of everything that has been going on. He had a different theory of what was causing the pain and cut right to the chase. Within 2min of hearing his thoughts, he stuck his finger in a specific spot in the side/back of my knee and whamm...I honestly almost flew right off the table it was such an intense pain. 'That's the spot' he chuckled. Then he told me that I'll be needing another surgery to release that spot (I'll find out what it's called Tuesday) along with my ITB. He then told me that he was going to inject one last cortisone shot into the area so I could go for a short test run then we would reassess the next week. The run went well with no pain but because the shot went all the way to the bone, I was completely out of commission on the next day. My knee hurt so bad I couldn't even drive to my clients and had to be taxied around all afternoon. Although I will most likely be missing Iceman, I'm still really eager to get this final surgery underway so I can get back to running :)

1 comment:

MarkyV said...

yippee!!!!!

surgery sux tho :(