Monday, October 05, 2009

Frisco CX

Day 1 of the Frisco Cyclocross races was absolutely gorgeous! The course was amazing and we had a great turnout!

I had a decent race considering my little spill about half way through. I took a corner a little too hot and toppled right over! Got the hip pretty good but other than that was good to go. Had an enjoyable time watching Corey and Joe chuck water bottles at each other during the Open Men's race and had a blast cheering for Bryce as he steps it up every race in the SM 4s!

Day 2 was super fun as well but a much tougher course with a big 'run up'. Not exactly what the knee likes, but I hobbled through it.

I'm definitely getting better with every race under my belt but still trying to get myself back into that pain cave :) I've been enjoying the relaxed training and racing but I think it's time to get my head in the game and actually start suffering a little more. I think I'll be a lot happier with my results and I would imagine it might help me for Iceman on November 8th.

Although it was a much cooler day, it was still another great day. Everyone came out to cheer. My moto girls - Mandy and Nicole - came out from Vail to watch and give Bryce a rough time, the Torrance boys and their parents drove out from Boulder to race and the Bingham's swung by to drop off Bella (the animal we were 'dog sitting') and see B get his cyclocross racing on :)

No comments: