Saturday, October 10, 2009

Day 1 and 2 with Mom!

After picking my Mom up from the airport Thursday afternoon, we swung by Bryce's place of work to see what he claims to be doing on a daily basis :) It's actually a really cool place. I'm pretty sure he was more excited about the chocolate covered espresso bean trail mix from Trader Joe's that we left with him than our actual visit itself...haha...JK!

Later that evening we met up with Will Kelsay, his wonderful new girlfriend Shelby and a few others for a great dinner at the Med and some gelato at Amante for dessert! Mmmmm...

Friday was the 'big' day! The tattoo day! We had an enjoyable afternoon with lots of sunshine then headed to the parlor at 5pm!

My mom was a big wienie so I had to go first. Although I was told putting the word towards me was technically 'upside down', I did it anyway. The artist just laughed at me. The word on my right wrist is 'Neart' meaning strength in Gaelic.

I was originally going to get a nautical star on the back of my leg right below my calf but got talked out of it by both my mom and Bryce. Instead, I found this design and had it inked on my left forearm. Pretty crazy, huh?!?

The best part is that my Mom got the exact same design as well. Although hers was much smaller and on the inside of her ankle, it's still pretty cool to have the same tattoo as your Mom :) She did great and got through it without a peep.

We were a bit late for our own BBQ, but Tingle held down the fort and got the grill going and the beer flowing! We had a great turnout and lots of fun. As always, Jen's White Chocolate/Craisin/Oatmeal Cookies were a hit but our Reese's Peanut Butter Cup 'Buckets' were just as popular!

1 comment:

Erin's Mom said...

I was not a weenie!! If I was Bryce would have gone in my place!!
It is special having the same tattoo as Erin.
Love you,
Mom