Monday, September 28, 2009

Another Amazing Weekend

After a little swim and cross ride early Friday morning, I finally got to test out my new lowered suspension on the dirt bike with Dan and Allen. We headed up to Switzerland where we enjoyed some great trail and beautiful scenery. The trees were glowing like crazy and it was absolutely amazing. Not only was I in total awe about how pretty it was, I cannot believe what a difference lowering my bike 2 inches made! I LOVE IT!

Saturday was a full packed day as well. I rode out to the Louisville Rec early with Tingle and did the first race in the Boulder Cyclocross Series. Yes, I raced with the big girls so it was definitely a lot harder than the previous races. The course was really fun but super bumpy and after about 4 laps, my lower back was not so happy so I decided not to smash myself and just finish. I crossed the line in 10th then spent the rest of the day handing out bottles and cheering on everyone else racing with Brad and Bryce's parents who came down from Vail to spectate.

After a great dinner at the Rio with the Bingham's, it was time to celebrate Brad and Jen's birthday in style.

Let's just say it started off pretty tame but got quite rowdy by the end of the night. There might have even been a stop at the local strip club and an ambulance ride or two for the morons who can't ride their bikes under the influence...everyone is okay now!

Sunday was by far the best day of all. After a killer pancake, banana, strawberry, walnut, powdered sugar, cinnamon and syrup breakfast, Bryce and I drove up to Nederland to go play on the mountain bikes for a few hours. Not only was the weather more perfect than ever, the trail was in immaculate shape as well. We even ran into a few friends out there which was really fun. As planned, we met up with Bryce's friend Trevor after our ride so he could show us some great moto trail around Gold Lake. Although it was pretty technical, it was by far the most fun ride to date. I was actually riding fairly well minus one good digger after clipping my handlebar on a tree that sent my bike one way and me the other. I'm pretty sure I almost gave Bryce a heart attack as he was right behind me and saw the whole thing! Yeah for body armor...I was totally fine.
Although we were both totally exhausted, we quickly drove back down to Boulder and met up with everyone for Brad and Jen's official birthday dinner at the Rio. We missed the dinner portion but enjoyed some of the delicious triple layer cake that took all weekend for them to make...mmmmm!

No comments: