Saturday, June 27, 2009

A whole week in Boulder!!!

I can't even remember the last time I spent an entire week back home in Boulder. It's been so nice getting back into training, setting up my new place, seeing all my friends and just enjoying the mountains.

After I got home from Arkansas, I had two welts on my leg that kept getting bigger, itchier and eventually began to puss. Everyone kept telling me it was just a spider bite and not to worry, but after listening to Tingle, I took my butt to the doctor. I ended up bringing home a nice case of 'Rhus Dermatitis', more commonly known as poison oak. I am on antibiotics, antihistamines, topical creams and pounding benadryl like it's my job. Cross your fingers it doesn't spread any more than it already has!

Today I participated in the 2 mile open water swim at the Rez. It was a fundraiser for the Boulder Aquatic Masters Team and a great opportunity to play in the water and hang out with fun people. It was an absolute blast. I did a big mountain bike ride right afterwards then a short run when I got back. Other than not bringing enough water, having some saddle issues on the bike and forgetting to put on sunscreen, it was a great day. If the knee cooperates, I plan on doing a long run tomorrow morning for the first time in a very long time! Cross your fingers :)

No comments: