Sunday, May 17, 2009

Yes, I am alive!

The last couple days have been incredibly busy but lots of fun. After a crazy travel day on Thursday, everyone finally made it to my grandparent's place in Battle Creek, MI for a delicious rib dinner. We pre-rode the XTERRA Midwest Cup bike course and did a quick swim Friday afternoon then had another giant feast at the grandparent's place. I'm pretty sure my grandpa grilled over 50 burgers that night...mmmm...soo good. After a rainy morning on Saturday, the weather finally broke and we headed back out to the race course for a little swim, bike and run race prep. The bike course was by far one of the most fun courses I have ever ridden with lots of turns, burms and creek crossings. Since I'm only in town twice a year (if my parents are lucky), my mom's side of the family took that opportunity to take loads of family pictures later that night. Whoooaaa.

Since I'm not 100% physically, or mentally for that matter, I didn't want this first race of the season to be a big deal so I've kept the possibilities a little on the quiet side. I wasn't even sure I would participate at the MI race as my knee has been giving me quite a bit of grief but I made the ultimate decision on Saturday afternoon. I'll post a full race report later, but all you really need to know is that I finished and I'm very happy about it. It definitely wasn't pretty, but I did it.

Not only was it absolutely amazing having Jamie Whitmore stay with us, she did a phenomenal job announcing and continues to be one of the biggest inspirations in my life.

My little bro Jerry and my cousin Warren also made it out at the wee hours and helped out tremendously with some stellar video you will be seeing shortly.

And as always, Will and I were there representing in style :)

No comments: