Sunday, May 10, 2009

Where have I been?

Not running pain free, that's for sure...

Things are not going as well as they were initially with the whole knee recovery and I'm starting to get really frustrated. I started with a few short runs last week that went great then after a 3omin run, my calf cramped up to the point of agonizing pain. Because of my blood clot history (yes, I had a clot in my right leg in 2005 that was a total fluke after an ankle break that has been haunting me since), the Dr. sent me directly to the ER Friday morning to have an ultrasound done to confirm I didn't have another clot - NEGATIVE. I have been giving the calf some serious massage and if it felt good when I woke up this morning, I was instructed to try another run. It felt good so I decided to test it out. The first 10min were great then I suddendly started getting the same shooting pains in the side of my knee that I had pre-surgery. I stopped for a bit to let it calm down then started up again. It wasn't but minutes later that I stopped, turned around, and walked home. I hate complaining and it's never fun to listen to negativity but this sucks and I'm so over it. Neal has been great in helping me deal with everything since the beginning but I'm starting to snap. I just want to freakin' run...ahhhh!

On a more positive note, I am riding well and made $40 at a bike race in Denver yesterday afternoon :) Whooohooo

No comments: