Friday, May 29, 2009

Back home for a week!

It has honestly been nonstop since I arrived in Boulder Sunday afternoon. Right off the bus, I delivered a my rent deposit for my new house which I will be moving into on Sunday, then headed right over to Allen's parent's place for his brothers' graduation party. We enjoyed some delicious food then hit a few golf balls into the open space and played volleyball for the majority of the evening.
Memorial Day was somewhat uneventful but got in a good spin on the bike, cranked out lots of work and had a fun BBQ with some friends at the Krughoff household while Allen worked on our super sweet garden. It rained on and off most of the day so altering between crocket and card drinking games was most of the entertainment. Oh, and I made cookies and homemade granola with my girl Jamie :)

Since I won't be around much of the summer, or at least for long periods of time, I froze my membership at the Flatirons Athletic Center and joined the Boulder Aquatic Masters program so I could do open water swims at the Reservoir and swim at Scott Carpenter (a 50m outdoor pool). My plan was to go swim at the Rez Tuesday morning but realized Will had my wetsuit in his car and he was driving back from Alabama. Wednesday, I went to swim at 7am at Scotty and the pool temperature was 66 degrees. Yes, Will still had my wetsuit but I jumped in and tried to stick it out anyway. After 1300m, I was told to get out as my face and lips were turning blue! It's okay though, because I got in a solid day of training after doing repeats up NCAR on the bike then heading over to short track and running off that...ouch.

With the intention of swimming at the Rez this morning, I woke up at 5am only to see a tornado of wind outside. As much as I love battling waves while swimming in open water, I think I'll pass and bring my wetsuit to Scotty :) I have another doctor's appointment for my knee today so hopefully everything goes smoothly and I haven't beat it up too badly over the past couple weeks! With the big move and a few road races this weekend, I'll be a busy girl, but stay tuned for some fun updates from the clinics in Portland next week.

No comments: