Friday, April 03, 2009

The week in a nutshell

I got a little side tracked on posting pics from Moab so here are a few...






As excited as I was to race Koppenberg last Sunday, it was a good thing it was canceled! The infamous 200m 17% grade dirt hill was so sloppy that it looked as if it were covered with a foot of peanut butter...no joke. Instead, Tingle and I had a very enjoyable long ride with some great chatting and lots of catching up.
Although I haven't received either of my new bikes yet, I wanted to get both fits done on my older frames and translate the measurements before the knee surgery on Wednesday. Larry at BCSM did the MTB fit on Monday and the road fit on Wednesday. The positions are much less aggressive than my previous 'TT' style of riding and I'm having a bit of trouble finding my power, but I'm not worried, it will all come together soon enough.

We're supposed to have another big storm move through tonight and tomorrow so the 1pm flight to San Diego for the annual Team Timex Camp might be quite interesting. We attempted to fly out today in order to miss the weather, but apparently everyone and their mother wanted to do the same thing and everything was full. If all goes to plan, Tingle, Denny and I will be in Carlsbad from Saturday to Tuesday doing what pro athletes do best - party like rockstars! I'll do my best to provide updates here but the Timex Blog will have full coverage so check out the link on the right!

No comments: