Friday, April 17, 2009

Updates from 'The Bubble'

I've been somewhat of a scatter brain lately since I haven't been forced to be super regimented with training, working and life in general. It's kinda fun and I've been doing lots of random things like house shopping, gardening and cooking.

A couple of days ago, we planted every vegetable seed under the sun in the above Aero Garden then went to Home Depot and bought several wooden barrels. So once germinated inside, we can transport all the 'to be' veggies outside. It's been quite the adventure with lots of research and planning involved but we're having a good time and if we get one of the 15 things we planted to grow, we'll be stoked! And no, we did not hit up Bed Bath and Beyond on the way home.

We have also been doing our fair share of cooking but the salmon, wild rice and green beans with garlic, onions and toasted almonds the other night was definitely the winner of the week.

On another note, I got my stitches out and I'm on the path to a much quicker recovery than I thought. No, this is not coming from me, but my doctor and coach! Light spinning and swimming early next week have already gotten the OK.

Not that it matters too much since I can't go out and ride/run all day anyway, but come on...why in the world are we getting pounded with snow again in late April? Boulder, by far, has the weirdest weather patterns, or lack there of, EVER! It never seizes to surprise me :) I bet it will be 80 and sunny all next week :)

No comments: