Monday, March 16, 2009

Road Racing?!?!

Hmmm...the one and only time I have raced a road bike was back in 2006. It was a complete disaster and well, I haven't had the desire to even think about doing it until now. After watching Allen race like a rockstar week in and week out, I figured it couldn't hurt to give it a shot. Although Neal really wanted to me to race in Boulder on Saturday, I chose to spectate the CU Crit instead and watch the big boys throw down. A top 10 finish for the little monster was well deserved!

Sunday was my turn to shine...or not. I packed up the car and drove out to Greeley while the boys rode the 2.5hrs out there. I got a good hour warm up on the trainer then lined myself up. I'm not going into details but it was very hard, annoying, frustrating and interesting at the same time. I definitely need more practice and some sprinting legs for that matter but it was a great experience and I somewhat look forward to doing it again. And just maybe, someone will actually come watch and take a picture or two. Until then, you're just gonna have to stare at Allen's cute ass :)

Anyways, after that was all over, I got to set up the trainer and do my cool down while watching the men's race. It was very exciting and Mr. Krughoff nailed the sprint after bridging up and brought home a solid 5th place!

No comments: