Tuesday, February 10, 2009

More Winter Racing Prep

As the Mt. Taylor race approaches, I've been busy trying to figure out the exact gear I want to bring and how to make it as light as possible! Allen helped me turn an old pair of running shoes into 'snow shoes' by drilling a series of screws into the soles. I'll be sporting these guys during the race instead of using Yaktrax which I would normally run on in the snow. It will be lighter and more efficient if some sections are not entirely covered in snow.

I have also decided to strap the above Pearl Izumi Syncroseek III WRX to my Atlas Snowshoes. They are both light and water resistant which will be a perfect combination for the final climb to the summit of the mountain. The clothing situation is just a headache in itself because there could be so many variations in weather and each condition requires different apparel. I'm basically bringing my entire winter training wardrobe and will figure it out the night before!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

More pics of you, less of shoes! ;-). Just kidding, love the blog. Good luck this season!

Anonymous said...

Just dropping by to say hello :)

Hope all is well!

Jax