Monday, February 23, 2009

Big Bike Rides, Long Car Rides & MRI's

We ended our training trip with a big ride on Saturday morning. Allen set out with Benny and I mapped out a 6hr route of my own. It was a beautiful day and an awesome ride. Lots of climbing but the more the better, right?!? It was brutal, but we finally packed the car up after the day, said our good byes to the best hosts EVER, then went to bed at a fairly early hour!



The 4am wake up call wasn't too bad but I knew the next 17 or so hours were going to be tough. I started the adventure by crankin' out the first 4hrs. Because we switched driving every tank (4hrs or so), it didn't make the 16hrs all that bad. We even made a quick stop at Best Buy to get a phone charger and swung by the lodge at Vail to pick up some snowshoes. We finally made it home, jumped in the shower then went directly to bed...long, long day!

I woke up super early yesterday morning to get some work done for a client before heading to my MRI at 9am. Yes, my knee is still an absolute disaster and I'm not talking much about it because I really don't know what's going on other than it hurts like mad when I run and only when I run. The MRI took much longer than anticipated and was very unpleasant. Loud and obnoxious noises when you're tired and hungry do not bode well together. After that I made the rounds to more clients then finally cracked and headed home for a LONG afternoon nap. Woke up to eat and do a little work then back to bed.

Ready to find out about the knee and get back into the swing of training...

No comments: