Thursday, November 06, 2008

To Clearwater it is!!!!

After I finish packing, get a short run in and and take a quick shower, I'm going to pick Mark up (JZ's husband) and head to the bus stop to catch a ride to the airport. Yep, we're heading to the Half Ironman World Championships in Florida. Things have not been going very smoothly since I've been back from Hawaii and I'm not nearly as excited to race as I was before, but I bet the moment I get there the motivation will set in.

I haven't been on my time trial bike since the last road race I did in July and I honestly haven't run more than an hour off the bike since then either so the half marathon might just kill me...who knows though, could be super rested and fly like the wind...that's what I'm hoping for :) However, if that's not the case, I'm completely okay with it and ready to just enjoy the time down there with the Timex Crew and my old manager Benny whom I haven't seen since April. I probably won't have time to post anything while there, but you can check out the live race coverage on Saturday, November 8th if you click on the link below. It will start at 6:30am EST.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on working hard and accomplishing your goals.
Very proud of you!!

Love you,
Mom and Dad