Saturday, October 11, 2008

Speeding Tickets and Asshole Cops

Yes, I was speeding and yes, I probably should have gotten a ticket, but it still doesn't justify the attitude from the jerk-off cop who pulled me over. We all know your cool uniform gives you this distorted feeling of empowerment and authority, but trust me, you're still just an average dude with an ugly badge.

I know you want to hear the story, so here it is. Tom and I were in a hurry to make a yoga class that we were already late for. After being stuck behind a car going super slow on a one lane road, I immediately accelerated quite quickly around it as soon as the road became two lanes. The guy behind me followed me then cut over in front of the other car and took off like a race car going mach 10. I saw the cop as soon as the other guy passed me and instantly slowed down. I figured that since the other car was still going at least 25mph over the speed limit that the cop would go after him for sure...Good guess, but no. He pulled me over and told me that even though the other guy was probably going 10mph faster than me that he didn't get his speed on radar and therefore couldn't go after him. Yeah, exactly what I wanted to hear. Then, the dumbass tells me that instead of giving me a ticket for going 51 in a 30 zone, he'd only give me a 49 in a 30 which was the lowest he clocked me at. THANKS BUDDY! Grrrrrrr...

I bet you can imagine what kind of mood I was in the rest of the night! Lots of M&Ms cured that problem though :)

3 comments:

MarkyV said...

Please tell me that you let these thoughts fly AT HIM!

I never miss a chance to put someone in their place. Yeah sure... I don't get out of a ticket but the best is telling a cop. "i already have a mother... i don't need you to nag on me as well... i know i broke the speed limit i dont need a lecture to go along with it. give me the ticket and let's both get on our ways"

then they try to tell you about being disrespectful... "well... nagging to me like a mother is disrespectful just the same"

I could go on forever.

beingoutside said...

again, nice race SPEEDY!

stageracer said...

hippy chicks in Subaru's with Obama '08 stickers while wearing Birkies speed?????