Sunday, October 05, 2008

Race Morning in Lake Tahoe

I don't have time to say much other than brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...but since I'm sitting here eating breakfast and trying to get in race mode, I figured I'd give a short update on the happenings from Lake Tahoe.
After smooth travels Thursday morning, I met up with the XTERRA TV crew for some interviews then went out and pre-rode the course with the clan. It's a beautiful course but quite sandy. I took a good digger going a little too speedy and almost got trampled by everyone behind me. It was pretty funny.

Friday was a bit cooler but perfect for a good jog around the course and a great test for the freezing choppy waters in the lake. It wasn't as bad as it could have been, but definitely not my cup of tea. We finished off the night with a great dinner at the condo with all the parents in town for the race...the Rakitas, the Kelsays, the Bogurts and my parents.

Yesterday was the Nevada race and because there were 5ft swells in the water and it was absolutely freezing, they turned it into a duathlon and cancelled the swim. YIKES! Still got in a steady ride, easy jog and got the bike all fixed up and ready to go. We then went down the the pre-race banquet where we had some delicious dinner and got some fun awards. I was Miss Quality of the year and Regional Champ so I got a cool jersey.

Alright, enough random babble, I need to get changed and ready to get my hurt on. Stay tuned for some updates in a few hours...or days :)

1 comment:

Shep said...

Nice work Champ!
Now, to win Maui.