Monday, August 25, 2008

Birthdays, BBQs, Chipmunks & Foot Issues

This Friday was the big 24 for me and it was the perfect birthday weekend (minus the small foot debacle, but I'll get to that later). Changed the oil in the motorcycles with Shep, went for a little MTB ride, then hit up the Rio for a delicious mango margarita and some good company. After a lazy day and a ride with Andrew that ended in a torrential rain storm, Jon had a BBQ at our place that produced some good laughs, mostly from the fact that Mark caught a chipmunk in his garage that he named Chippy and brought him over in a cat cage to release him here.

There was also the eating of a giant DQ ice cream cake that was ohhhhh so good :)

Did a nice road ride early Sunday morning followed by the dreaded 10am masters that was actually quite pleasant! I also went to the mall for the first time in ummmm...a year, and got some tanks and jeans. Oh good times. Now I'm trying to organize my day around this silly bone scan I need to get on my foot - long story short - went running on Friday, 45min into run I have a giant shooting pain go through the bottom of my foot making it nearly impossible to walk. I go to the doc and he wants me to get an MRI that day, but my stubborn self is convinced that it will be fine by Monday so I just tell him I'll wait and see. Still hurts like hell so I guess I'm going to have to see what's wrong...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

No comments: