Sunday, March 16, 2008

Bricks and Bowling

I'm not talking about the kind of bricks used to build houses, I'm talking about the term used to describe a workout where two disciplines are done back to back...like in a race!

At any rate, yesterday was quite a day. Woke up at 6am feeling very refreshed after a great night's sleep only to look at the computer and see that it was 19* outside. What?!?! It had been in the high 50s the day before! I ignored the number, drank my coffee and ate my breakfast just like normal. When Jon woke up and turned on the TV, it wasn't joking either about the weather. In over an hour, the temp had only raised 2 degrees! Yeah, there was no way I was getting on my bike after swimming in those temps so I decided to delay the start of my day and work a little on the mountain bike. Changed the stem and saddle, fiddled with the pedals, fit, tires and derailleur, then finally got my stuff together and headed to the pool...at 9:30am!!!

Just as I was getting into the pool, the clouds began to burn off, the sun came out and it was absolutely beautiful! Had a stellar swim, a great ride in the mountains at Heil Ranch on the new bike (despite having saddle issues already from the other saddle - and Heil is the most rocky place EVER to mountain bike so that didn't make the situation better either), then jumped right off the bike and did a 4mile run at Wonderland Lake. Hmmm...yeah...kinda forgot how much the first couple minutes of that feels, but once the legs got moving, it's a huge adrenaline rush and I LOVE IT! Great day of training and lots of smiles :)

To the nighttime activities...Tingle had arranged a beer mile for the afternoon that ended up being canceled so we decided that bowling would be a great alternative! We scrounged up a fun group of 12 and hit up Coal Creek Bowling Alley. We had the mountain bike dorks in one lane and the beer drinking triathletes in the other to battle it out. The MTB clan won by quite a margin (99 pins) in the first game - thanks to my stellar score of 121 and Tom's 140 - then just barely pulled it off by a few pins in the second game as my arm was getting tired and Cat decided to turn it on! How do you go from rolling a 121 to a 70?!? I'm so inconsistent at that dumb game, but it's super fun!

Jeff brought his camera and did some sequential shots of us bowling. There were many more than just four in a row, but I didn't think they would fit on here so I just put up a glimpse of how awesome we were out there :) You can click on the image to see the bigger version if you choose!

Had to rock the Ireland shirt as it was St. Patty's Day weekend!!!
More to come, but must get to the Rez to meet up with my PT and a few friends to attempt a 2 hour run in the cold fog and very tired legs...

1 comment:

stageracer said...

The form in the last pic looks like something off ABC Wide World of Sports.....that is until you see the "launcher" of the ball 3 feet off the ground.

Do they charge for 'divot repair' at those lanes???