Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Some updates...

....I've been one busy girl the past couple days!

The tax season is here and work is very hectic at the moment. Planning travel for pre season training and and early season races has almost been quite a challenge as well :) However, I always seem to find time to be surrounded with great people and have some good times!

Other than the excitement of the Superbowl on Sunday, it was a rather typical weekend of training and relaxing. After swimming and riding in the brrrr cold, I had a very nice dinner Saturday evening with Tom, James and Melanie at Carelli's which I had never been to before...mmmm. Sunday was the usual long run, but Tingle and I commented on how much faster we were going using the same effort as normal...cool! That means we're getting faster! Watch out!!! Then of course was the Superbowl game. I really didn't care too much who won as long as it was a good game. We headed over to a friend's place who has a newer loft/condo at Pearl and 20th and watched the exciting game there. Sorry all you Pats fans :)

Monday was a fairly usual day as well with some payroll wrap ups at work, a hard swim and jog in the morning and power lifting yoga in the afternoon. I do have to say that I loved the quote our instructor used in class from Woody Allen; '80% of success is just showing up'. I was really tired after my morning workouts and contemplated not going, but did anyway. Once I was there, I had a great time and put in 100% effort...it's so true how hard it can be to get your butt out the door sometimes, but once in the groove, it's worth every second of irritation you face to get there!

Tuesday was a busy, busy day! Intervals on the trainer in the AM, work at the law firm, talk cycling shoes with Tony at Pearl Izumi, run with Tony, swim masters, work with Brad at Colterra, power sculpting afterwards then dinner with some friends....

That leaves me to right now...I'm sitting on my butt and eating lots of food while catching up on some work. I think it's going to be an easy day for this one :)

No comments: