Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Day 1 & 2 of Tucson

Where to begin?!?

Well...it all began with a bit of a late start from the get go. Since Tingle decided to pack the morning of, she wasn't exactly ready when we got there...no I'm not blaming you dear, but we hit a bit of traffic on the way to the airport which would have been avoided had we left much earlier. We made it to the parking lot about 55min before our flight hoping to make the 45min cutoff to check bags and get on the flight. After sprinting across the airport, Laura and I were able to check in without any guarantee that our luggage would make it. Denny on the other hand got moved to the next flight out but made it to the gate in time to fly standby on his original flight and eventually got on! We were sure that this was a sign that our trip was off to a good start...

Erin, Denny, Laura - the travel clan

Hmmm...yeah, maybe for everyone else! Laura got her luggage from the original flight then we went to pick up the rental car and go back and get our stuff that was supposed to be on the next flight into Phoenix. Denny's was, but mine, not so much. Grrr. Because I checked in late, they told me it was my responsibility to come pick up my bag when it arrived and they didn't even know when that would be (the earliest would have been 6hrs from then). Tucson is a good 100 miles from the airport and there was no way that was going to happen. I explained the situation and they were kind enough to promise to deliver them that evening when they finally got in. YEAH RIGHT! After getting to our kickass house and meeting up with Mark, we went for a short swim at Univ of Arizona where I borrowed a suit, cap and goggles from Tingle then hit up Trader Joe's for some good eats for dinner. I spent the better half of the evening on the phone with Frontier's customer service getting absolutely nowhere but still had a fun night nonetheless. Ended up sleeping on the couch tossing and turning all night hoping the delivery service would eventually call...nope.
Billy's outfit was hilarious...

Finally got up this morning and attempted to contact Frontier again...no go. Everything was closed. Borrowed some running clothes and a pair of shoes from Joanna and went out for a nice run with the clan which felt great. When I got back there was a message from the delivery company saying they were going to deliver my bag within the next 3 hours. Since we had to return the rental car anyway, we decided to get everything ready to ride and just drop off the car, pick up my bag and drive to our destination all in one trip. Smooth as butter :)

Gotta love changing in the parking lot...at least I have my stuff :)

Went for a great 4hr bike in the desert which ended with a pretty hefty head wind. Packed up and headed to the pool to wrap up a solid first day of training. Stopped and got some Baileys, wine, food, etc and grilled a delicious dinner when we got back.
The boys on the ride - Mark, Billy & Denny

Post ride - I was trying to stick my feet in Denny's face!

We've been debating what the plans will be for tomorrow. Whatever it ends up being, I'm sure it will be a blast. Stay tuned for more craziness :)

The Tucson Clan

Sexy Ladies - Tingle, Erin & JZ

4 comments:

MarkyV said...

Shouldn't you be in bed?

Erin said...

I'm working on it. I'm too entertained by you and Billy...mostly Billy talking to himself while attempting to fix his powertap!

kerrie said...

looks like fun...waaaaahhhh, i'm so jealous! ride some extra for me.

stageracer said...

I've missed seeing you in your aerobic poses...keep expecting you to show up with thong over tights and long knee-high fuzzy leg warmers like a young Jane Fonda.

Are you going to Scottsdale with the crew??? Flying in Sat, so might see you there if you show up. Tell Billy-Nice socks~~~