Friday, July 13, 2007

Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream - My Savior!!!

Well, where do I begin?!? If everything was going as planned, I'd be on the road and driving to Utah for the XanGo tri this weekend...however, I'm not. I'm sitting here drinking my coffee and explaining to everyone why Ben & Jerry's ice cream is my new savior!

The trip had already begun on a sour note with everyone bailing on me (once again) to drive out there. No worries - it's only a 6 hour drive and the race director said he would take good care of me once I got there. The part that blew the entire trip was the fact that my car wasn't sounding quite right on Tues and Wed so I thought I'd be safe and take it in for a quick check up just to be sure I wouldn't get stranded somewhere in the middle of Wyoming by myself! Good thing I took it in...bad news for poor little Erin.

Let's just say that there is over $3000 worth of problems with the Jeep (none of which I could even begin to explain) and it is totally not drivable for any substantial distance. So, needless to say, a few unexpected tears were shed last night and an entire tub of ice cream was eaten. Thankfully Chriso was there to help keep me sane, but man, what a night.

Since I had been tapering for the race all week, I'm pretty rested up and without a strict schedule to follow for the next 3 days, I think I'm just going to take the opportunity to do whatever I feel like doing. Yeah that's right. Since I was already planning on taking the day off and not doing any work for my clients, I think I'll do just that and head up in the mountains with my bike for most of the day. I think a good LONG ride in the hills will be good for me at this point. And when I return, it's time to look for a new car!!!!

Hell yeah baby...I'm getting rid of this stupid piece of crap Jeep and getting a Subaru. Stay tuned for updates on that and maybe a few pics from my epic ride this morning.

Stay cool.

2 comments:

Blake Becker said...

I like your attitude, get rid of that piece of crap (though it looks pretty nice to me). I hope you have a great weekend in the moutains, I sure miss them!

Blake

Erin said...

Thanks Blake. Maybe you should come out and do some training out here. It would sure be good to see ya! Hope all is well!!!