Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Hmmm...day off perhaps?

So yesterday was a bit of an odd day. Felt pretty crappy most of the day and slept/ate it almost all away. Was woken up a few times by some crazy thunderstorms and strong winds, but otherwise slept like a baby...I think I needed it after a long hard weekend of training.

I promised Jimmy I would pick him up from the airport and I thought it would be an easy ride to and from the airport...boy was I wrong...well partially. The ride there was quick and easy, however, the trip home was a bit different. Because I had to stop and get gas ASAP (I was about a quarter of an inch below the red line - no I don't need to be lectured DAD!), we made an emergency pull off at the Commerce City exit (refinery/factory city of Denver). It took about 10 minutes of driving through subdivisions and residential areas to actually find a gas station. After we finally found one, I put in $45 in my car which gave me less than 3/4 of a tank...RIDICULOUS!!! Anyway, we're heading to get back on the highway and realize there is no way to get back on. We're either going under or over the highway on every road that is close to it. We finally get to Thorton and end up taking another interstate which eventually led us back to Boulder. The 45min trip took about an hour and 20 minutes!!!

Note to self - NEVER GET OFF IN COMMERCE CITY!!!

No comments: