Thursday, May 17, 2007

Getting back on track

After a rough weekend, I've finally gotten back into the groove with training, work, etc. I've put in some great efforts over the last 4 days with good mileage. Gettin' it together for the Baja 70.3 on June 10th.

I know the only person who can appreciate this is my roommate, whom I was riding with when it happened, but yesterday as I was turning from 36 to Lefthand, there was a GIANT rattlesnake in the middle of the road that I almost completely biked over. Luckily at the last minute Merci screamed something and I nearly fell off my bike swerving around it, but holy crap, that thing was freakin' HUGE...Unfortunately if it didn't move quickly, it was bound to be run over by a car. Great ride up in the high country after a good, solid and hard swim in the am and a little jog post ride :)

Livin' and lovin'!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

scaredy cat!
-Ben

Erin said...

Whatever, those things kill!!! At least I'm not afraid of going on class 4 & 5 rapids :) Wienie!