Saturday, November 04, 2006

SOMA and more!

Yes, Yes, Yes, I know...this post is long overdue and my mother has been giving me lots of grief about it so here it is! I finally took a morning to sleep in a little (well til 8am), drink a good cup of coffee, check my email/blog, and then start my day...yes, that is today. I definitely have lots to write about, but I'll start with the later events and then move forward.

The Race - What a trip. I couldn't have asked for a better time with better people. Kristin and I stayed with our friend Jeff and his parents in their brand new mansion in Phoenix (by new, I mean they had just finished building it 10 days before we got there!) His parents fed and treated us like queens and were such wonderful people. As was their son of course, he didn't race because of an injury, but drove Kristin and I around everywhere and was the BEST cheerleader ever during the race - thanks Jeff!!! The race itself was really fun as well. Since I was the last wave to go off, it was pretty crazy trying to swim through all of the slower swimmers, but definitely had one of my straighter swims than in the past. The bike was pretty interesting as well as it was a 3 loop course with 6 U-turns per lap...let's just say it was a little congested and drafting was a little too prevalent...but lots of fun and great for spectators. The run was the one part of the race I was really looking forward to and unfortunately it was a little disappointing. As with my race in Wildflower earlier this May, my left leg lost feeling only a few miles into so I started freaking out and slowed way down. The coach thinks it's only a pinched nerve but we're still doing some investigating...I have some appointments over the next couple weeks so I'll keep everyone informed. At any rate, I did finish the run with a decent time and was semi pleased with it considering the circumstances.

1st Age Group 18-24
8th Overall Amateur Female
4:57.02 hrs (swim 31, bike 2:42, run 1:40)




Alright, just realized I have to meet someone to go running in 10 minutes...oops! The pics took a little longer to upload than I thought. I promise I'll post some more stuff in the next couple days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Race!!! Keep working hard...
You are making terrific progress...
Enjoy the off season...looking forward to watching you again in the months to come...

Anonymous said...

Cool Blog....
Loved the pictures...