Friday, August 04, 2006

HOLY MOLY

The story begins about 2 weeks ago when I was riding and helped out a random cyclist who was stranded with a flat tire in the middle of nowhere. After chatting for a bit, turns out he is the owner and head chef of the Chataqua Dining Hall (a very prestigious, fancy, expensive, delicious, etc. restaurant) For staying with him and letting him use my pump, he offered to have me come in with a friend for a dinner on him! Well, that's just the beginning...after talking a little more, he's actually in need of a new bookkeeper for this restaurant and another one he is opening in a few months and asked if I would be interested!!! HOW PERFECT!

So last evening was the night. Fred and I actually showered, put on some decent clothes and headed to Chataqua to meet up with Mr. Heap for what he promised to be a meal much better than the usual PB&J! And boy was he right. From the wine to the salad, and the halibut to the chocolate cake, I don't think I have EVER had such incredible food. The two of us were completely awestruck by the way we were treated (since we were the owner's guests) and the absolute quality of the food...nothing more can be said...it was AMAZING!

Lesson learned - always help out a fellow cyclist (or any individual for that matter) because you never know where it might take you. Got me a new job and an incredible dinner :) THANKS BRAD!

No comments: