Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Emergency DAY OFF!

Holy Crap...I'm pretty sure that someone got into my body while I was sleeping Sunday evening and programmed it to make me feel as if I had just raced about 5 Ironmans in a row...no seriously. I've never felt as shitty as I did Monday morning and the feeling pretty much got progressively worse for the rest of the day...so weird! After chatting with the coach and looking through the past couple weeks of training, it was almost obvious that a day off was crucial and absolutely necessary...I hadn't had one since mid-July...ouchy!

Anyway, after refueling, resting, and doing much much nothing all day, I feel as if I have completely recovered and am now back on track to go out and rip it up! Grandma - that's slang for getting back training and working really hard :) Had a great bike/swim session this morning and ready to rock the run this evening....whooohhooo!

No comments: