Thursday, August 17, 2006

Bees and Ipods

80 degrees, blue skies, no wind, sunshine...what more could you ask for? Especially for an afternoon ride!!! Well I'll tell you what more I would have asked for today...a longer lasting Ipod battery and for all bees to become extinct in the state of Colorado.

Let me tell you how incredibly miserable it is to do intervals without music to motivate you...yes, the battery in my stupid died about 15 minutes into my 2.5 hour ride! And to top it off, in the middle of my second 12 minute HARD effort, I got stung by a bee on my right hand, right in between my fingers. The flippin' stinger was stuck in my hand so I had to stop and pull the damn thing out...ouchy! Yeah, what a nice addition to the pain of intervals and no music...grrr. At least the little f-er died in the process of stinging me!!! Okay, that was mean, but my finger has been swollen and burning ever since and that's annoying.

Yes, I am aware that I write entirely way too much about riding, but honestly, when you spend 15-20 hours of your week on the bike, a lot can happen during that time!

No comments: