Saturday, July 29, 2006

A Little Too Much Partying

After today, it is absolutely safe to say that boozing and partying until 2:30am in the morning and then attempting to ride hard the following morning in 100 degree weather is a BAD idea. Let's just say that I got back from my ride around noonish, it's just before 5pm now, and I haven't moved off the couch since I got back. So much for that swim and moving. Tomorrow's gonna be a rough one...ugh

Although the original plans for the weekend may have completely changed (and not for best of my training) the festivities of that night were worth every second of it :)

1 comment:

Chad Smith said...

hi i found your blog via sager. i am recovering from a femoral stress fracture. 14 weeks off running with 3 more to go before the ortho hopefully clears me to run again. this happened in my 1st year of Tri training/racing.

Any tips you can give me on how to safely resume running? I know you have to start from scratch basically, mix walking and running for awhile, etc. I am just wondering if you had any problems w/your stress fracture when you resumed running, any particular exercises/stretches you found helpful, any recurrence of the fracture, etc.

thanks for any info you can provide.